…at a whopping 3.1 Gigabytes!
Ironically, my Mac with 10.14.5 indicated no updates available…
(per Apple’s download page)
(included in) This update:
• Makes downloaded issues available in the My Magazines section of Apple News+, both online and offline
• Adds all publications in Apple News+, including newspapers, to the catalog at the top of the News+ feed
• Adds the ability to clear downloaded magazine issues in Apple News+ by selecting History > Clear > Clear All
• Addresses an issue which prevents creation of a new Boot Camp partition on iMac and Mac mini with Fusion Drive
• Resolves an issue that may cause a hang during a restart
• Resolves a graphics issue that may occur when waking from sleep
• Fixes an issue that may cause fullscreen video to appear black on Mac mini
• Improves file sharing reliability over SMB
Adds AirPlay 2 support for sharing videos, photos, music and more from your Mac directly to your AirPlay 2-enabled smart TV.
Adds the ability to follow a magazine from the Apple News+ catalog browsing view.
Improves audio latency on MacBook Pro models introduced in 2018.
Fixes an issue that prevented certain very large OmniOutliner and OmniPlan documents from rendering properly.
Disables accessories with insecure Bluetooth connections.
Fixes an issue that prevented resetting the user account password from the login window after using a personal recovery key (PRK) to unlock the FileVault volume.
Fixes an issue that prevented the InstalledApplicationList MDM command from recognizing that updates are available for apps installed via VPP.
Apple released 10.13 (High Sierra) a few months ago, and actually now has an update to 10.13.1 (13…bad luck?) here.
10.13 has a mix of new features, but if you have lots of old apps, you will need to upgrade those. There are also issues with those iMacs and Fusion Drives. Some third party apps like antivirus programs (e.g. McAfee Enterprise) are just catching up. Adobe apps like InDesign, are having some issues and await patching/fix.
And because Apple introduced a new filesystem for drives (APFS), ALL disk utilities should be updated, if they can be (Disk Warrior is releasing an update, but still not out,…). Personally, I am waiting till all my utilities are compatible.
Ironically, the 10.13.2 update is in beta…so stay tuned.
..at a WHOPPING 4.58 GB update install! And you know, I recommend only the combo updates when available.
The OS X El Capitan 10.11.2 update improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, and is recommended for all users.
- Improves Wi-Fi reliability
- Improves the reliability of Handoff and AirDrop
- Fixes an issue that may cause Bluetooth devices to disconnect
- Fixes an issue that prevented Mail from deleting messages in an offline Exchange account
- Fixes an issue that prevented importing photos from an iPhone to a Mac using a USB cable
- Improves iCloud Photo Sharing for Live Photos
Download the Combo update here.